Oil & Gas and Biofuel Industries Market
The Leader in Corrosion Resistant Scales for Oil & Gas and Biofuel Applications
Scaletron is the leader in corrosion resistant technology for scales used in harsh environments. We manufacture a complete line of scales and accessories designed for weighing and monitoring the usage, feed rate and inventory of corrosive chemicals and/or materials.
From the refining of oil, gas and petroleum products to the production of biofuels, weighing technology from Scaletron ensures reliable and accurate measurement of chemicals during the manufacturing processes to maintain high levels of product purity.
The production of petroleum and biofuel products requires exacting and complex procedures to manufacture fuels that meet the users needs for process efficiency and safety as well as complying with environmental regulations. During these processes monitoring chemical feed rates via weight is vital to maintaining continuous operations (reduced downtime), production efficiencies, quality, and profitability.
Meeting the Weighing Needs of the Oil & Gas and Biofuel Industries
We meet the needs of the oil and gas, and biofuel industries by providing reliable, accurate and safe methods to weigh chemicals used in the production of biofuels and petroleum products.
Chemicals used are typically stored in pressurized cylinders, ton cylinders or dewars as a liquified gas, or in liquid form in drums, tanks, carboys or IBC totes. For both safety and general production considerations, it is extremely important to be able to monitor the level of product remaining in a tank. In addition, problems caused by excessive or interrupted gas flow during the production process can be extremely costly.
Typical chemicals include:
- Amines and hydrogen for refining
- Ammonia, biocides, chlorine, phosphates, polymers and sulfur dioxide for water treatment
Scaletron’s scales can be found in many oil and gas refining, and biofuel processing applications including:
- Light distillates - gasoline, diesel fuel, liquified petroleum gas (LPG), naphtha
- Middle distillates - heating oil, kerosene, jet fuel
- Heavy distillates - lubricating oils, wax, tar, asphalt
- Renewable energy - ethanol and biodiesel
- Wastewater and cooling tower water treatment
Whether the application requires a standard or custom weighing system, Scaletron’s engineers will help find the right solution to best meet your weighing needs.
Scaletron Scale Models Designed for Oil & Gas and Biofuel Applications
Typical models include:
- Model 2350™ Digital Dual Cylinder Scale
- Model 4010™ Digital Tank Scale
- Model 4040 IBC™ Tote Bin Scale
- Model 4040 IBC-WE™ IBC Spill Containment Scale with Weatherproof Enclosure
- Other Models Available
CLICK HERE for our Oil & Gas and Biofuel Applications Sheet
- Wastewater & Sewage Treatment
- Municipal Water Treatment
- Industrial Process Water & Wastewater Treatment
- Municipal & Commercial Swimming Pool Water Treatment
- Chemical Industry
- Specialty Gas Manufacturing Industry
- Fire Protection Systems
- Oil, Gas & Biofuel Industry
- Semiconductor & Electronics Manufacturing
- Poultry & Livestock Production