Industrial Process Water & Wastewater Treatment Market
The Leader in Corrosion Resistant Scales for Industrial Process Water and Wastewater Tereatment Applications
Scaletron is the leader in corrosion resistant technology for scales used in harsh environments. We manufacture a complete line of scales and accessories designed for weighing and monitoring the usage, feed rate and inventory of corrosive chemicals and/or materials.
From plant air conditioning and heating systems to manufacturing processes including steam, chilled water and wastewater, weighing technology from Scaletron ensures that the proper levels of chemicals are injected into the system to ensure the safe, efficient and economical operation of the equipment.
The industrial water treatment process uses a variety of chemicals to prevent scale and corrosion; metal passivation; foaming; and biological growths. During these processes monitoring chemical feed rates via weight is vital to maintaining continuous operations (reduced downtime), production efficiencies, quality, and profitability.
Meeting the Weighing Needs of the Industrial Process Water & Wastewater Treatment Industry
We meet the needs of industrial facilities and manufacturing plants by providing reliable, accurate and safe methods to weigh chemicals used to treat water used in industrial processes; boilers and cooling systems; and waste treatment systems.
Chemicals used during this process are typically stored in a 150 lb. cylinder or ton cylinder as a liquefied gas or in a tank or drum as a liquid. Monitoring the feed rates via weight is vital to maintaining the water quality. If a cylinder is not replaced or refilled before it is depleted, the proper amount of chemicals will not be added to the water, potentially resulting in damage to the equipment and downtime.
Many of the chemicals that need to be weighed are highly corrosive if used in the wrong amounts and toxic, requiring safe handling. Typical chemicals include:
- Sulfur dioxide
Scaletron’s scales can be found in many industrial process water and wastewater treatment applications including:
- Boiler, heat exchanger, and cooling water treatment
- Manufacturing of plastics and rubber; glass; fertilizers; and pulp and paper
- Mining; cement; iron and steel; and metals processing
- Food processing water treatment
- Influent and effluent wastewater treatment
Whether the application requires a standard or custom weighing system, Scaletron’s engineers will help find the right solution to best meet your weighing needs.
Scaletron Scale Models Designed for Industrial Process Water and Wastewater Treatment Applications
Typical models include:
- Model 2350™ Digital Dual Cylinder Scale
- Model 3001-3006™ Ton Cylinder Scale
- Model 4021™ Ultra-low Profile Drum Scale
- Model 4042ECO-26™ Spill Containment Scale
- Other Models Available
CLICK HERE for our Industrial Process Water and Wastewater Treatment Applications Sheet
- Wastewater & Sewage Treatment
- Municipal Water Treatment
- Industrial Process Water & Wastewater Treatment
- Municipal & Commercial Swimming Pool Water Treatment
- Chemical Industry
- Specialty Gas Manufacturing Industry
- Fire Protection Systems
- Oil, Gas & Biofuel Industry
- Semiconductor & Electronics Manufacturing
- Poultry & Livestock Production